Tweety

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, April 29, 2012

    Remember the abdominal bloating thing ive been going on about?

    its been a month. and absolutely NOTHING has been resolved. after a month of going to doctors, i'm STILL not diagnosed.

    I've been to two different doctors thrice. Even took a test for helicobacter pylori. Results came back negative. The doctor told me to go get a scope done (i.e, getting a camera shoved up my asshole, which sounds extremely intrusive)

    I am at a complete loss of what to do and i havent felt like myself in a month. Its horrible looking in the mirror with a huge bloated stomach and not being able to do anything about it. I hardly ate anything today but the bloat is still so bad. it looks normal when i contract my abs but if i just relax my muscles it looks like i am 2 months pregnant.

    i feel fucking depressed because i cannot wear all my fitting clothes without feeling like a balloon. I have never felt so awful about myself before and i just want to get rid of it so soon.

    If anyone has any idea what it is, please please tell me. I just want to get rid of this problem as soon as possible. i am so frustrated by this and thinking about it just makes me feel like crying

    even if i wanted to do the scope, my mom is against it because one of the side effects of general anesthesia is memory loss...which i cannot afford at this crucial time


    6 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I will pray for you Stephanie! Why not try consulting a Chinese physician this time round?

    Cynthia said...

    I really think getting a scope done is the best solution, as most of the time bloating is caused by a problem in your stomach or large intestine etc. The memory loss from GA - to be honest i've never heard of it and i believe it's rare; i've went for an op before under GA and the doctor didn't mention it to me. Or maybe i just had a lousy doctor.. haha!

    But anyway i really believe a scope could solve the problem.. although it sure does sound hella uncomfortable :/

    Anonymous said...

    Hey steph:) believe that prayer changes things alright? I'll be praying for you!

    Stephanie said...

    thank you <3 honestly i did! i went to the tcm store near my house and asked them for anything i could take for bloatedness. she gave me some indigestion thing and it didnt work.



    Hi Cynthia, thanks for your comment :) i think my mom's just paranoid because she had this really bad GA experience which resulted in her memory loss of a few years D: i hope to do the scope soon though but it sounds horrible......

    i honestly think its some bacterial infection. I keep googling my symptoms and a lot of females also have this same problem, of which none are diagnosed!!!!! I just hope the problem doesnt persist.. thank you very much anyway :)




    Thank you very much <3

    Anonymous said...

    Hey steph :) try prune juice!!! The other time I was bloated I kept drinking prune juice and I had diarrhoea.. I don't know if it'll help you or you tried it before but I hope you get well soon! <3

    Anonymous said...

    try drinking ginger tea :)